Monday, July 19, 2010

It goes on and on and on

I started in the game in 1986 and been MANY places, worked with MANY people and for the last two years I got really lazy and complacent in what I was doing. I think it was mainly the fact I knew the bar I was at did not have any money to really make an impact in the marketplace and therefore we were never going to be a "stand out" in what we were doing. I know I am better off by myself as I am now. I can take full blame if something fails and better yet, I don't have to worry about anyone close to me trying to screw me. At times I replay some of the shit that was said and done behind my back which fuels me to have that much more drive to keep moving on and leave that all behind me. I always make friends wherever I am and they all seem to stay behind when I move on, sad when ya think about it but with every new adventure the people are that much more fun!

I have stepped up my game and like to think I deliver a good product to those that have me. I must be doing something right to be playing 5 nights huh? The fact the music formats are very different each night keeps me thinking of songs I haven't played in while as well as new ways to rock a party.

I'm just being me

Alex B