Friday, March 25, 2011

Various

This past week I have had my 2nd surgery in my life to get rid of mrsa that showed up last week and blew up my cheek and jaw like I swallowed a softball.

When I was admitted to the hospital I was told I would be on a 24 hour antibiotic and hopefully would be on my way. I have never had an overnight stay so I was a bit freaked out. On that Sunday and once 24 hours had passed, a doctor came and took a look and said he would talk to another doc about having them "open it up" in a minor surgery on Monday. I of course freaked out but I knew it had to be done.

While in the hospital there are routine blood draws, blood pressure & temperature checks. They show no mercy for time of day so trying to get any solid sleep will not happen. Just when I get nice and comfy, in storm the nurses with the work that had to be done. During these many visits I was told that my blood pressure was high. Well, when you storm in at odd hours to check my vitals and wake me up from a dead sleep and scare the hell out of me, what do you expect? I once told the nurse that if she wanted a normal reading, sneak in while I am sleeping, slowly attach the cuff and get a reading. I bet it would be normal.

There are many reasons anyone would have high blood pressure I suppose. Too many I feel like listing here but I know there are some things I have control over and some that I do not. I have taken a long look at things in my life and much like Michael Jackson once sang, I'm gonna make that change"

My wife was by my side the whole time with visits from my sister In-law and Mother In-law and my boy Myles and his woman. The moral support from my sisters, Dad and Mom and Father In-law was very comforting as well. Mike Stancombe checking in on me while running 3 bars and traveling abroad was thoughtful indeed! Myles, Bill & Royce kept things going at my gigs very smooth. My Facebook friends that paid attention to what was going on showed the love which was nice! Even people I have never met face to face were showing support! It was very touching, all of it.

To say I am surprised not to hear from some people during all this would not be the right word this time. I could say I am "hurt" but that means I would be letting the predictability in peoples self centered bullshit bother me. I have gotten used to it by now and it makes it that much easier to create a further distance from some people or to cut them out of my life all together.

I'm gonna heal from this and say goodbye to being sick and some people also along the way..