Sunday, May 22, 2016

So about last night

To the Righteous Oaks Ballroom..

I've played venues all over the place, worked for NFL, NCAA & Big Ten Events, been on the radio just to name a few things I've done professionally. Google "iamalexb" if u need a credibility check

Tonight was the most unprofessional group of people I've worked with in my life. I wouldn't return even if I was paid double and trust me, I ain't cheap!

And they said..
Alex was present for two hours of the entire event… His substitute DJ arrived two hours late, the speakers were crackly and disruptive during the speeches, and the other DJ didn't play any music for the guests while setting up his reception lights until reminded...Probably 15 or 20 minutes after the guests were back in the ballroom. Alex may not be cheap, but just because you played some big places doesn't mean you know how to hire a DJ to replace you or have any idea how many of the policies of our facility were broken and pushed and questioned repeatedly before the level of rudeness to staff was such that we shut the bar down until the bride and groom could get things under control. The bar has been open from 530 until 9 o'clock at that point… It was shut down an hour before it was scheduled to close. The couple elected not to reopen. It was completely up to them at all times. We do not run our facility like a bar or nightclub… And the vast majority of our clientele appreciate that our conservative approach maintains a decorum and quality to the experience of our families on a special day. By all means if you want a free-for-all, the Oaks is not for you. If you want to have a beautiful celebration where your liability is protected and the quality of your event is insured, then you'll see this review for what it is. We certainly missed our house DJ tonight…

And I said..
 I don't think anyone wanted a "free for all" so maybe you should just turn it back into a Church since you want to run it that way. To have someone tell me they wanted to "talk to me" because I made the entire audience laugh is ridiculous.

As I was trying to finish the garter toss and this lunatic owner is yelling at my partner in front of everyone is more like a "free for all" than anything you allege.

I'm sorry you missed your "house Dj" tonight. Hopefully he had a nice night off building up his iTunes library to gouge the next client that may not want to venture past Wilkinson Indiana to have a better time.