Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Fathers Day

My Dad was born in Yugoslavia and came to this country from a refugee camp with the rest of his family in 1952 and settled in Gary Indiana.

He learned the language, went to school, worked multiple jobs to help support the family. Served in the US Army where he met my Mom while stationed in Germany then she came to this country as well.

It is without question that my hustle is inspired by him. Once discharged from the Army he ended up at US Steel in Gary and then they started our family. He opened up a TV Repair Shop and ran that when he was not working in the mill. From a provider standpoint he busted his ass when he got here "fresh off the boat"

Sent my Sisters and I to Catholic School and was always working on something. I would sit in his TV shop amazed at the stuff he was working on sometimes still in his clothes from the mill. Until him and my Mom split, we never did without. Also, his unmentioned generosity with regards to his siblings and such is immeasurable.

So when you see my posts of always working Indiana Grand/Peppers and rarely getting any sleep you now know where I get it from. You get up and get out and provide leaving little room for excuse not to.

Lots of times I get asked from my family, friends & co-workers "Man, I don't see how you do it" my answer is simple "My Dad did it"

Happy Fathers Day, Anthony Bodo