Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Technology

It's pricey. But having to drag around crates of records and binders of CD's to a gig seems a thing of the past! I have made some significant investments in my set-up in the last 2 weeks so I can be updated with the rest of the world. I am very cautious on what I invest in and try to work the math in my head many times to make sure it makes financial sense. I don't wanna be one of these guys that sit on a TON of gear and not make money off of it. I am not saying it is all about money but I like to have a plan on making back what I put in. Having 4 bar nights a week, this latest investment will have paid itself off and over a few times when it is all said and done.

I hate the fact that so many "click and play" DJ's have popped up in the marketplace and are robbing guys like me of making some money in this game. Luckily now I have found owners I currently work for that know what I can do and compensate me very well for it!

That give me the drive to keep on!