Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Variety Baby!

I never thought with the highs and lows I have had in the entertainment business that it would land up to being back in a bar 4 nights a week! I am not complaining in the least bit. I was going through the "It's my twilight years" phase and at turning 42 this year I am back at it! I don't put my body through the abuse I did "back in the day" so I am more healthy in that sense. I don't see burn out anytime soon as it is just me so I am sole shot caller in what happens when I step up to the decks. There are 3 different formats of music I am playing on these 4 nights so that really is a Godsend and keeps me fresh for the next gig. Only the Fri & Sat gig has the same format and that works out fine. You have to have variety in this business and be able to relate to the environment. So far it's working and now better than ever!