Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Now Pronounce You

BOOKED!

I have a wedding coming up that I am spinning at this weekend. I normally do not DJ weddings unless I know the people that are getting married and in this case I do. I could make a ton of loot booking weddings however that would limit my talents as the focus is on someone else's special day and not me rocking the party in a bar for a bunch of drunks. When you don't know the bride and groom and they don't know what ya bring to the table, it can become a nightmare quick.

You have the parents that want all the old stuff and that most likely will bitch that it is too loud, youngsters in attendance not having a clue asking for Hip Hop music, drunken bridesmaids and groomsmen that will have their own ideas of what will "get the party going" which could be VERY opposite of what the client wants. Add a potential bridezilla to the mix and all hell could break loose. Then at the end of the night if the smallest thing can be blamed on you, there is the issue of getting final payment. Since I limit my wedding bookings to "friends of friends" I don't have to live a nightmare.

When I got the call for this gig I was stoked. I had worked with both the Bride & Groom at a previous bar gig and they both said they could think of no one else they would want to DJ for them. I am honored and happy to hear that and can't wait to make this event one they can remember.