Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Where did ya go?

I never seem to be stunned when I move to another bar gig how almost NO ONE ever comes to check out a new place I may have moved to. When I am the resident DJ at a place I get to know the staff I work with and regulars that are there. I make sure they hear all the songs they like, make sure when they are having a Birthday or group or whatever that they are well taken care of and try to be "their D.J" as best I can. Most cases I end up being a therapist or whatever but I make myself accessible as that is my job. I'm not one of these arrogant pricks that lock themselves in a booth and not take requests and think I am too cool for the room. I have never been "that guy" and have no plans to be. Would be nice for people I have "hooked up" throughout the years with a fun place to party to maybe venture to see what I am up to.

All my gigs are highly publicized so when I get that bullshit line of "where did you go after (bar name)" I don't buy it at all. People are cool with you when you can "do for them" but rarely ever give back and "do for you". It's cool, I will keep playing my tunes and throwing my party wherever I end up and with whoever shows up...