Monday, September 20, 2010

He’s Baaaaaack

Vacation was fun. I am in love with Hilton Head SC and if there was a way to afford to live there, I would be there in a heartbeat. I always come back with a new outlook on things and a better focus. I work LOTS of hours and all of that so when there is a break in the action, I spare no time and no expense to have quality rest time.

Back at the bar on Saturday this female makes out a "list" of songs she wants to hear. These included songs her husband probably hates and stuff that she hears at Zumba class. I told her I would get as many as I can. She was hell bent in hearing this song by the artist "Colby O'Donnis". No cares about that dude unless he is singing on someone else's record. I tried to get it downloaded but my connection kept dropping. Towards the end of the night she comes up and asks why I did not play her "list", I told her I played most of them and apologized for not getting that Colby track and she stood there and looked at me like I robbed a bank. She says "so you couldn't get that track downloaded" and I said "no I don't have control over the internet connection". She then asked if I knew the previous DJ as to pseudo-insult me and I told her I did not know him.

First off, at the start of the night her husband came up and told me that she said "it sucks in here" he admitted she was drunk and he would probably have to carry her out of the bar. So being a babbling drunk already takes away the "customer is always right" line. He mentioned a few songs she wanted and I played those right away. Second, that demand list might work with your husband but not with me. I play music that appeals to as many people as possible and in most cases the requests I get are songs I'm gonna play anyway so it does work out.

One of her songs was "Rock Yo Hips" by the group "Crime Mob". I wasn't gonna play that song and I doubt hubby would have played it in the truck on the way back to Whiteland.

Colts game was a blast, everything is always better when they win! I hate when people say "we won". "You" did not win, the COLTS won. I would never say that as my fatass wouldn't last one play without leaving the field in a stretcher in traction so I don't say "we won" but rather COLTS WON!